Find advanced radiology and imaging technologies used to diagnose and treat conditions.
Schedule an appointment
Expert imaging services
Radiologists are an important part of your child’s care team. These experts diagnose and treat many conditions - from broken bones to cancer - using pictures taken of the inside of the body.
We use high-tech imaging to create these digital pictures, including:
- X-ray - single pictures of the inside of the body.
- Positron emission tomography (PET scans) - these use a special dye with radioactive tracers to show 3-D images of different body functions.
- Computed tomography (CT scans) - a machine that takes many X-rays from different angles.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) - a machine that uses magnetic fields and radio waves to make pictures of organs and tissues.
Learn more about our imaging services.
We also have specialists in children’s:
- Neuroradiology (diagnosing conditions affecting the brain and spine)
- Nuclear medicine (using radioactive substances to test for and treat conditions)
In fact, our pediatric nuclear medicine specialist is one of only two in Pennsylvania.
Our team also partners with the Penn State Center for the Protection of Children to refer and check into non-accidental injuries and abuse in children.