Refer a Patient
Refer a Patient
When requesting an inpatient transfer, please anticipate the following from the Transfer Center:
- Information gathering: patient name, date of birth, referring hospital name, referring physician name, contact information, insurance information and reason for referral
- Connection to the appropriate attending physician in specified service line
- Bed reservation for accepted patients
- Assistance to arrange transportation
- Patient transfer checklist (send the following along with the patient):
- History and physical
- Progress notes
- Consult notes
- Medication list
- Results from all studies, imaging, and labs performed during care
- For registration purposes, please fax the patient’s face sheet to Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center Transfer Center at 717-531-0125.
Other services for referring physicians
Penn State Provider Portal is a free, online portal that provides real-time access to information for patients you have referred to Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and Penn State Medical Group. To request access for your practice site please contact our Physician Liaisons:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Children’s Hospital Directory of Programs and Services is available. Request a copy or additional copies for your office here.
Providers and staff at the Children's Hospital value the relationships we have with our partners and families throughout our region.
Read and subscribe to the Children's Hospital Report blog
We offer a website dedicated to providing physicians with the latest in pediatric news. Articles are published by our pediatric staff to share discoveries and successes. Read and subscribe to receive new articles as they are added to the blog.
- Multidisciplinary Perinatal Program Cares for Mothers and Babies
- Customized Approach to Treating Pediatric Colorectal Conditions, Special Emphasis on Anorectal Malformations
- Despite the Best of Intentions, Healthy Eating Messages Could Have Harmful Consequences
- Challenging Case Benefits from Treatment Approach, Best Practices and Access to a Clinical Trial in Pediatric Brain Tumors