Penn State Health OnDemand
Penn State Health OnDemand
COVID-19 / Coronavirus Screening
Are you concerned you may have symptoms of COVID-19, coronavirus?
- Use the Penn State Health OnDemand service to have a virtual visit with a board-certified doctor. Screenings for COVID-19 are now free of charge.
- If it’s determined additional medical care or testing is warranted, the doctor will advise you on the next steps to take.
- For all other health care visits, select insurance plans are accepted and typical costs are comparable to standard copays. Without insurance, virtual visits are only $59.
Sign-up is Free and Easy
- Download our iOS or Android mobile app or visit PennStateHealthOnDemand.com.
- Complete your registration.
- Set up your username and password, and you’re ready to get started.
Getting sick is inconvenient, but getting care shouldn't be. In today’s environment, with busy schedules and concerns about COVID-19 (coronavirus) and other germs in the doctor’s waiting room, the Penn State Health OnDemand app is the fastest, safest way to see a doctor without ever leaving your home.
From coughs and sore throats to minor skin irritations and joint pain, we have you covered. You can get help for urgent clinical care needs and common concerns – on your schedule and in about 10 minutes! Wait times may be longer due to increased usage of virtual visits.
- Video visits with board-certified doctors from anywhere
- High-quality care for you and your loved ones any time, 24/7
- Diagnosis, prescriptions, referrals and more
- Standard copays apply based on your medical insurance plan. $59 standard charge for those without insurance
- Free app download and enrollment
What is Penn State Health OnDemand?
Penn State Health OnDemand is a telehealth application used for virtual visits with providers. It is a faster, easier way to see a doctor for common symptoms and conditions (see list below) at your convenience.
After you enroll, you’re all set to easily click on the app for access to board-certified doctors anytime on your smartphone, tablet or computer. The app is easy to use, private and secure. Enrollment is free.
Penn State Health OnDemand offers:
- Access to live clinical care through trusted, board-certified doctors
- Peace of mind with a doctor “on call” 24/7 to provide quality care from wherever you are – whether that be your own bedroom in the middle of the night or the beach while you’re away on vacation
- Consultation, diagnosis and prescriptions (when appropriate)
Please be aware: Penn State Health OnDemand physicians are not permitted to prescribe narcotics, including opioids.
When can I use Penn State Health OnDemand?
You can use Penn State Health OnDemand anytime, day or night. It’s perfect when your doctor’s office is closed, you’re too sick or busy to see someone in person, or even when you’re traveling. It’s also ideal for times of health emergency, such as the coronavirus epidemic, when waiting rooms are unusually crowded and social distancing is encouraged.
Where is the app available?
Penn State Health OnDemand is available in the continental United States, the District of Columbia and the U.S. territory of Puerto Rico.
What can Penn State Health OnDemand doctors treat?
Penn State Health OnDemand allows you to have a video visit with a doctor to receive treatment for various common conditions, including:
- Abdominal pain
- Ear infection
How much does it cost?
Your copay for a virtual doctor’s visits through Penn State Health OnDemand is based on your health insurance plan. We accept select insurance plans. $59 is the standard charge for those without insurance. These visits may be less expensive than other care options, such as urgent care clinics and emergency rooms.
When should I use Penn State Health OnDemand?
- I have cold or flu symptoms but can’t fit a doctor visit into my schedule.
- My doctor’s office is closed.
- I feel too sick to drive.
- I have children at home and don’t want to bring them with me.
- It's difficult for me to get a doctor's appointment.
- I’m on vacation.
- I'm on business travel and stuck in a hotel room.
Who are the doctors?
Online Care Group, the nation’s first and largest primary care group devoted to telehealth, provides patients access to live clinical care through Penn State Health OnDemand.
Doctors who offer care for patients through Penn State Health OnDemand are easy to access. They meet the following requirements:
- Have an average of 15 years of experience in primary and urgent care
- Are board-certified, licensed and credentialed
- Post provider profile information, including education and practice experience
- Post patient satisfaction ratings allowing you to thoroughly review and assess what matters most to you
Can I request a specific doctor?
While you cannot request a specific doctor, you are able to select a doctor from a list of available Penn State Health OnDemand doctors. These doctors are here to support your care between office visits, such as when you are traveling or have a nonemergency health condition.
How do I add my spouse to my account?
Each adult in your family who is covered under your health insurance plan should enroll in Penn State Health OnDemand and initiate his or her own account.
How do I add a child to my account?
After you enroll in Penn State Health OnDemand, you can add your children who are under the age of 18. You can then coordinate on-demand doctor visits when necessary for your children, just as you would for yourself.
What should I do if I have a child older than 18 who is still on my health insurance plan?
A child who is 18 or older should enroll with their insurance information (even if they are still on your plan) as an adult and create his or her own Penn State Health OnDemand account. This way, if your child is traveling, working or away at college, you’ll have peace of mind knowing the child can access this service when not at home.