Juan Jan Qiu, MD
- Family Practice
- Office Procedures
- Preventive Medicine
Juan Qiu, MD, PhD, graduated from Fujian Medical College in China in 1986. She also received Master of Medicine (major in microbiology and immunology) in 1989 from Fujian. She worked as an internist for 1-2 years before she came to the United States to pursue her PhD, studying circadian rhythms at Texas A&M University.
After receiving her PhD (in molecular genetics) in 1996, she went on to work on neuronal development as a NIH postdoctoral research fellow at Brandeis University. Dr. Qiu finished her family medicine internship at Fox Valley Family Practice Residency Program in Appleton, WI in 2001, and residency at Altoona Family Physicians Residency Program in Altoona, PA in 2003. She is currently an associate professor in the Department of Family and Community Medicine.
Dr. Qiu is a member of the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP), Pennsylvania Academy of Family Physicians (PAFP), Society of Teachers of Family Medicine (STFM), and American Academy of Medical Acupuncture (AAMA).
- Dr. Qiu is currently the site director for Underserved Medicine, as well as Acting Internship in the University Park regional campus.
- Medical Acupuncture Education
- Medical Student Education
- Resident Education
- Family Medicine Clerkship Exceptional Teaching Award for the Academic Year 2012/2013
- Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Award -- 2006, Mt. Nittany Medical Center, State College
- Healthy Life Style
- Medical Acupuncture