A good night’s sleep for your child
At Penn State Children’s Hospital Pediatric Sleep Medicine, we understand the importance of a good night’s sleep. Our team of sleep specialists works with you and your child to come up with a personal treatment plan to help your whole family get the rest you need.
Our sleep care team specializes in treating children with sleep problems. Our team includes:
- Pulmonologists (lung doctors)
- Behavioral health pediatricians
- Nurse practitioners
- Dedicated nurses and staff
We care for all types of sleep-related health conditions, including:
- Sleep apnea (short periods of not breathing during sleep)
- Apnea of prematurity (short periods of not breathing in infants)
- Insomnia (trouble falling or staying asleep)
- Restless sleep
- Narcolepsy (trouble staying awake)
Our pediatric sleep lab uses the most advanced methods to study children’s sleep and breathing during the night. We do sleep studies at the Penn State Sleep Research and Treatment Center, which is accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM).
We also work with Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center on:
- Adult sleep medicine
- Pediatric neuromuscular disorders (sleep or breathing problems related to some diseases, such as muscular dystrophies) with MDA clinic (link with Dr Wicklund)
- Home mechanical ventilation (breathing machines) (Does our pediatric pulmonary webpage have info on home ventilation- it could be linked to that page)
You can rest easy knowing your child will benefit from the teaching excellence and research-based knowledge here at Penn State Children's Hospital.
Learn more about our treatments and services.