Request a Chaplain
To request a chaplain during your stay, call
717-531-8177 or ask your nurse to make a referral
Our chaplains are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to support patients and their families. We provide:
- Spiritual, emotional, and sacramental support
- Pastoral care and counseling
- Empathic listening
- Consultations on difficult decisions
The Pastoral Services department ensures that patients of all faiths have their spiritual needs met in accordance with their faith tradition.
Our Interfaith Chapel is open at any time for prayer or meditation. It is located near the south entrance of the medical center. The Children’s Hospital chapel is located near the main entrance of Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. See the campus map(PDF). We offer three regular services in the Interfaith Chapel:
- Christian service: Sunday at 11 a.m.
- Catholic mass: Tuesday at noon
- Jumu'ah prayer service: Friday at 1:30 p.m