Make an appointment
Call the CareLine at 800-243-1455.
Healthy living resources
Caring for a sick child
- Helping your child adjust: Learn what you can do to make your child’s hospital stay more comfortable and how the Children’s Hospital can support you.
- Caring for a Young Person with Cancer: Learn when to get professional help, what you can do on your own, and how to carry out and adjust your child’s care plan.
- Bringing Home Baby (PDF): Get five tips to keep your newborn safe.
- Safe Kids Dauphin County: Take advantage of this coalition’s injury-prevention programs, such as car-seat checkups, safety workshops, and sports clinics.
- Child abuse prevention: Learn about Children’s Hospital programs aimed at ending the maltreatment of children.
Parenting tips and advice
- Breastfeeding resources: Get the information and support you need to have a successful breastfeeding experience.
- Well care and vaccines: Be prepared for your well-child visits so that you can make the most of them.
Exercise, nutrition, and weight management
- The PRO Wellness Center, part of the Penn State College of Medicine, is committed to educating and inspiring youth and their families to live healthier lives through exercise and proper nutrition.
- Pediatric Weight Loss Program: Make an appointment for our multi-disciplinary weight management program that meets the specific needs of overweight children and teens.
- PA Vent Camp: Learn about our free week-long summer experience for ventilator-dependent kids and teens.
- Local Resources for Families (PDF): Download our resource guide, which includes crisis intervention services, county assistance offices, and other useful information.
- Hummingbird Program: See how we provide support for children living with life-limiting conditions, their families, and their professional caregivers.