Heart care for children
Penn State Children’s Heart Group has provided compassionate, expert heart care to young patients throughout central Pennsylvania for more than 25 years.
Our expert team includes:
- Board-certified pediatric cardiologists (specially trained heart doctors for kids)
- Pediatric cardiothoracic surgeons (chest, heart and lung surgeons)
- Cardiac intensivists (intensive care heart doctors)
- Physician assistants (medical professionals who work under the supervision of a doctor)
In addition, we have doctors who specialize in:
- Pediatric weight management (helping kids maintain a healthy weight)
- Post-operative cardiac neurodevelopment (learning disabilities and behavior problems that affect kids who’ve had heart surgery)
- Cardiac genetics (understanding your family tree and heart disease)
What we treat
Our team works together to provide the full range of heart care, including:
- Testing and diagnosis
- Managing your baby’s heart problems during pregnancy
- Treating heart disease, both congenital (present from birth) and acquired (developed later)
- Transitioning older children with congenital heart disease to adult care
Conditions we treat include:
- Structural defects of the heart (congenital heart disease)
- Kawasaki’s disease
- Heart rhythm disorders
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Evaluation for murmurs, chest pain, syncope, etc.
Our team is dedicated to diagnosing and treating children of all ages - from infants to young adults. We offer care in both inpatient (inside the hospital) and outpatient (outside the hospital) settings. Learn more about our services.